The specialty of internal medicine covers a wide range of conditions affecting the internal organs of the body. Internists are specially trained to solve diagnostic problems in adult patients and offer a solution to complex conditions involving many individual organs and common diseases. To come up with sometimes complex diagnosis our internists can send patients to supplementary specialists’ examinations. Based on the results of these examinations the internist makes a treatment plan and order control visits for the patient.
All specialists (gastroenterologists, cardiologists, pulmonologists etc.) are trained in Internal Medicine first, before specializing in their fields. So, as you and your body ages, the Internist is particularly qualified to guide your healthcare.
When should you visit an internist?
- In case of general symptoms: fatigue, paleness, malaise etc.
- In case of chronic disease risk factors.
- Cholesterol screenings and blood pressure screenings.
- Regular screenings – A general overview of your health with recommendations for possible lifestyle changes, further examinations and a treatment plan.
- Routine preoperative tests.
In February 2018 the first internal medicine examination is available for 16.000 HUF instead of 20.000 HUF. Call our Call Center for an appointment at +36 1 225 0566!