You may be allergic! Mainly patients with hay fever visit ophthalmologists during this period with very similar symptoms: itching of the eyes, redness, swelling of the eyelids and (even) face. Very often, in more than 40% allergic conjunctivitis also develops in these patients.
The ophthalmologist will take a detailed medical history as a first step in the examination, which will include co-symptoms (such as sneezing, runny nose in the case of allergies) and their occurrence over time. This is followed by an ophthalmic examination, which includes visual acuity testing.
If it is proved that you are allergic to pollen, then the following are recommended:
- Try to spend as little time as possible outdoors.
- Wash your hair more often, especially if you have long hair.
- Wear safety goggles or sunglasses when working in the garden.
- Frequent cold water rinses around the eyes may alleviate allergic symptoms.
Allergic eye diseases are usually treated with symptomatic therapy.
- Frequent use of artificial tears helps to remove allergens, thereby relieving symptoms.
- Antihistamine eye drops are the most commonly used anti-allergy eye drops, reducing blood congestion and itching.
In September we will give you a 20% discount on the price of your first ophthalmologic examination, which can thus be booked for HUF 16,000 instead of HUF 20,000. To make an appointment, call +36 1 225 0566.